Align your team for better results
Ally is a lightweight tool that makes using Objectives and Key Results (OKR) incredibly easy and intuitive, right from within Slack.
TRY IT FOR FREE:
No credit card required. Cancel anytime.
Focus and Achieve Better Results with OKRs
Your leadership team has identified the organization’s top priorities, and your department has set goals that reflect those objectives. Now, it’s your turn. As team manager, you’re responsible for setting team goals, as well as goals for each individual, so that everyone knows exactly what they should be working on and why it’s important.
Then…an urgent issue arises or a new project comes into play, and people are suddenly on tangents doing who knows what. As the team collectively loses sight of their goals, collaboration grinds to a halt, and you have important questions to answer:
- How do I make sure our my team stays aligned with the department’s and organization’s top priorities?
- What’s the best way to set and keep track of objectives for the team as a whole, as well as for individuals?
- How do I keep my team from wasting time on outdated projects, and instead make sure they’re focused on the most current priorities?
- How can I get timely updates from my team without interrupting their work flow?
The OKR methodology
Many teams have adopted the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) methodology made famous by Google and Twitter. Using OKR, organizational goals cascade down to department, team, and individual goals keeping everyone aligned. Meanwhile, progress is reported from the bottom up providing accountability and transparency. With OKR, individual team members are more engaged and energized, because they see how their work makes a difference to the organization.
Teams that are just getting started using OKRs often try to manage them using spreadsheets, but quickly run into problems:
- Managing multiple spreadsheets is unwieldy and quickly becomes impractical.
- Cascading goals and rolling up updates is cumbersome at best.
- Collecting up-to-date information on progress requires lots of time and effort, and information is outdated by the time it is reviewed.
- Spreadsheets provide no easy way to give ongoing feedback.
Some organizations and teams swing the other way and use over-engineered tools that are expensive, require extra training, and distract the team by making them switch to yet-another tool.
Ally is ideal for small teams
Spreadsheets and heavyweight tools are too cumbersome for small teams that are already overloaded with too many tasks and tools. Ally was built with small teams in mind to make it super easy to access and manage your OKRs.
Ally is an intuitive and easy-to-use tool that allows small teams to:
- Stay focused and in alignment with overarching departmental and organizational goals.
- See real-time progress on monthly/quarterly/annual priorities, and use that information to drive focus and course correct.
- Energize each member with a clear view of how their individual contributions fit into the organization’s overall success.
- Transparently share information with the rest of the team, so each and every member understands and works towards the goals of the larger department and the company.
In teams, each member needs to understand what their teammates are doing, and work towards the goals of the larger department and the company. Ally is designed to make OKR tracking easy for small teams, so they can stay on the same page with each other, their department, and the overall organization.
- Intuitive and ridiculously easy-to-use. Document and share your small team’s priorities and objectives within 15 minutes.
- Integrated with Slack. Creating, tracking, and updating OKRs seamlessly integrates into your workday with no need to open yet another program or tool.
- Built-in OKR best practices reduce the overhead of managing OKRs and help you successfully adopt the OKR framework.
- Intelligent Alerts identify objectives that need attention before it’s too late.
“Ally is extremely easy to use and has the OKR best practices built in. It has enabled us to bring alignment and transparency to the business.And what’s more – we can do OKRs from right inside Slack.”